Okay America, or the population
who enjoy my blog……please, we cannot let the Maroon Five song ‘One More Night’
be number one again. If it is I will pull my hair out and move to Canada! I
mean what is so appealing? I can sing to you ‘Oo’s’ over and over again to you all if that will make you
happy. I truly don’t understand it. Again, I am not trying to bash Maroon Five.
Like I said in my previous post I like them, I just don’t understand how that
song continues to do so well. I promise, this will be the last time I rant
about this song. I just hope people understand that anyone can go into a studio
and produce the song the Maroon Five currently has at number one!
This
post, I’ve had the pleasure of listening to this song almost wherever I go. I
swear this song is played at least once while I’m in the car. It’s being over
played and has risen to the top 5 in no time. The song I’m referring to is ‘Diamonds’
by Rihanna. Personally, I believe
Rihanna is a very talented artist. She has a stunning voice, and always seems
to throw out top hits. However her writers, for me, are taking effectiveness
away from her voice. When I hear one of her songs, I seem to get trapped in the
obnoxious similarity in each song she produces.
After listening to it a few
times, I had to see how many times Rihanna would repeat herself, The first time
I heard it I asked myself “how many times will I hear shine bright like a
diamond?” When I finished listening, I had counted twenty two times that the
phrase ‘shine bright like a diamond’ was sung throughout the song. Twenty-two!!
Can her writers not produce a song that has more then thirty words in it? Do
they really need to repeat a phrase twenty times? Rihanna is talented! Why
waste that on lyrics that a four year old could write. The song is 4:47 long
and in that time, there is another phrase ‘beautiful like diamonds in the sky’
is sung sixteen times. My last fact, I promise, is that from 2:48 to 4:47 those
two phrases that I have discussed, are the only two that entire 2 minutes.
I understand what has happened to music, and why we are
hearing songs that have repeated lyrics that are heard for 50% of the song.
Where has all the good music
gone?
Although I do like the song Diamonds, I totally agree with you! My three year old cousin can resight this song and say "shine bright like a diamond" simply because she says it 22 times in the song! A three year old will pick up on something if you say it three times, but 22, she will know the whole entire song by the next time I see her! I love your blog and your break down of the Top charters on our radio today. It is funny when you actually think about what is considered the "top music" of our generation.
ReplyDeleteExactly, that's perfect supports the fact that our music has become so simple and repetitive. Its so sad to see the songs that have risen to the top of the charts. Half the time, I can't even sit through them all!
ReplyDelete