Have you heard 'One
More Night' by Maroon Five? If you haven't yet, I'm shocked, and good for
you! This week Maroon Five's song has reached number 2 and has been in the top 40 since it hit the public's ears. I am actually a huge fan of Maroon Five and Adam's voice. However this
song made me cringe and wonder why this song rose to the top of the charts so
quickly. I guess I understand it’s
a “club” song, but come on, how can you consider this something you want to
listen. The techno back ground shall I say ‘boop’ noises are enough to give me
a headache. Along with that, the beginning of the song was almost enough for me
to just turn it off.
I am one of those college kids who enjoying hearing the blaring techno
at a bar, but on the radio everyday, no thanks.
Adam
has a great voice! Why is there a need to make him sound like an auto tuned techno
artist? I miss when he would sing
about being in misery or waiting in the pouring rain. Now he wants one more
night and has her stuck on his mind like a tattoo. Which brings me to my next
point, if I could count how many times he said that line ‘got you stuck on my
mind like a tattoo’, I’d be a rich man!
I’m not sure if he is writing his own lyrics, but half the song is
repeated with those same several lines and that annoying ‘ooo’ part which again
makes me want to turn the song. Maroon Five, I like you guys, but if I hear
this song one more time I will not be listening for many nights to come!
Where has all the good music gone?
Where has all the good music gone?
Dude, you're telling me. I like Maroon 5, but my roommate is in a bar band that covers tons of pop music and this is one of the songs they play. Every time he practices this song, I have to hear it over and over... Brutal. The autotune is SO noticeable, and completely unnecessary.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for you..... It has got to be one of the most annoying songs of all time, so I am truly sorry.
ReplyDeleteYes, exactly! It's like they don't even care how noticeable it is. I remember when they did everything to hide it. Now they could care less as long as it sounds poppy enough to sell
URG! Exactly.
ReplyDeleteMaroon 5 used to be one of my favorite bands, but the passed few years I have steadily liked them less and less with each single. Especially when Adam matched up with Wiz Khalifa.. that was so disheartening. It seemed like they used to be so original, and now they are just another auto-tuned, main stream, pop band. So sad.
Yes thank you!! They had such a unique and cool sound when they first came out! I really wish they would go back to that sound rather than ride this main stream sound. I agree, it sucks they lost what they had.
ReplyDelete